Friday, February 19, 2010

If You Like Coffee, You Must Read This

I'm Brazilian, I have drank coffee since I was born, I love coffee.  Brazilian style, filtered and strong. I dont like bitter or weak coffee. In Brazil it is easy to find it the way I like, of course, but this is not down to how it is made, it is mainly the quality of the beans used.

Living abroad I had a hard time to find coffee the way I like, but in Italy I found a dream, Illy coffee.  It is always a great taste, it doesn't matter how it is prepared.  In Europe it was very easy to find Illy anywhere, but now in the US I needed to acquire new habits as I could not find my preferences on market shelves. Well, I've searched the internet to try to order my fave things online and I've found my favourite coffee being sold as if it were made of gold, an extorsive price.  Coffee is not like a spice jar that takes a lifetime to finish, I need a lot of coffee powder everyday to make my favourite beverage the way I like. 

Espresso is not my thing, and it sounds very silly to me that I need to be attached to a certain shape of pod for a machine, when it is sure that the maker will be always altering the shape of it, making your current $500 espresso maker obsolete in 2 years just because a "new shape of pod" were developed to "extract more flavour and aroma from the beans", bla bla bla and then the pod for your machine sudenly disapears from the market.  This is marketing pitch, not "technology development" or good quality coffee.  I don't want to compete with anyone's coffeemaker, I want a good drink in my cup, period.  A good coffee will taste good whatever your prefered brewing method.

Then I received an offer for a subscription of Gevalia Coffee and a free coffeemaker as a gift for trying it.  I thought there was some catch in there afterall, I've never heard of Gervalia Coffee before. Well, they were offering me a money back guarantee if I didn't like their beans.  Usually I don't take up this kind of offer, but I was searching for a new coffeemaker anyway and if it were for me to receive one for free plus a suply of coffee, why not?  I decided to try.  (This is all sounding like a bad infomercial, I know, but it is true).  I'm so pleased I did it. The coffeemaker is perfect, the coffee is divine, even the first one, when I used more water than I should have, Gervalia Coffee tasted fantastic.  I can drink an entire carrafe by myself, it is so good .  And their subscription programe is fantastic, I can set it up for anytime I want, instead of receiving more than I can drink and having to find where to store it, or giving it away so it doesn't become old in my cupboard.

My hubby doesn't drink anything with cafeine.  I don't even know if he ever tried a cup of coffee.  Well, he doesn't know what he is missing.  I've even found some lists of food that boost brain functions and coffee is always there...  Coffee is good for your health and I don't even need a doctor to tell me that.  The person that invented that coffee is bad for your health, and started with that decaf bla bla bla certainly was a great business man, launching a substandard product twice more expensive than the real thing, trying to make you replace your daily beverage and driving all baristas nuts around the world .  If decaf anything were "healthy", nature would produce it, but if it is obtained only from chemical processes in a factory, I'm suspicious.  I want my coffee BLACK, FULL and REAL!

If you want to try for yourself, just click on the link bellow and you won't regret.  Why not coming over again and tell me what you think?


Join us for our special Friends of Gevalia offer and enjoy a premium coffee kit including a stainless steel coffeemaker, scoop and a pound of Gevalia coffee-Just $12.95 (a $100 value!) Gevalia’s guarantee-you’ll love your coffee or it’s free!

2 comments:

Barbara Bueno said...

Hi Vicky,
I simply cannot start my day without a cup of coffee in the morning.

A curious thing is that once an Italian friend insist on giving his "Italian coffee" to a Brazilian friend... It was so funny!

Vicky MundoAfora said...

Babi,
Maybe you already know that, Illy ("Italian") Coffee is 100% Arabica beans from Minas Gerais, uai so!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers