Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weather


What do you mean "don't panic"? I was panic-ing. I had to pack my bags to come to NM in November, didn't know what to put in my backpack. My body is certainly "heat proof" - while everybody is sweating profusely during summer in Rio, I am just fine - but it will never be "cold proof". You can see that in the old post about my first trip to Sandia Peak when I had layers on and Gerald was happily wearing only a shirt and jeans.

Well, Gerald had been telling me not to worry because the weather during autumn is quite warm. Err, ok, but what is warm for him is not exactly warm for me. So I've packed all cashmere I have and planned to buy heavier stuff while in here. Even when the online thermometer I usually check was telling me that ABQ was warmer than Niteroi!

We've gone to Taos last week, and what happened? 4 seasons in a day, and total panic with the amount of snow in the Ski Village as I've never seen any more than a few minutes of snow in London. So the pictures can show: few layers on, all layers out, all layers and heavier coat, gloves, hat, boots on!!!! In a matter of few hours!! I am now wondering how is that winter in the desert. Lord, what is that down the road for me???






***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers